William Cooper and Nephews (Australia) Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

William Cooper and Nephews (Australia) Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1880 - 1960

History

The original sheep-dip company was founded by William Cooper in 1843 in Berkhamsted, England. In 1880 it established agencies in Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania to sell Cooper products. In 1920 the business became locally registered as William Cooper & Nephews (Aust) Pty Ltd with F N Yarwood as Chairman of Directors and R H Harrowell as Manager. In 1925 the company merged with McDougall & Robertson which was later acquired by Burroughs Wellcome in 1959.

Places

Sydney, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

chemical manufacturing

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 12 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC