Deposit N334 - William Cooper and Nephews (Australia) deposit 2

Identity area

Reference code

N334

Title

William Cooper and Nephews (Australia) deposit 2

Date(s)

  • 1929 - 1966 (Creation)

Level of description

Deposit

Extent and medium

0.1m (1 type 2 box)

Context area

Name of creator

(1880 - 1960)

Administrative history

The original sheep-dip company was founded by William Cooper in 1843 in Berkhamsted, England. In 1880 it established agencies in Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania to sell Cooper products. In 1920 the business became locally registered as William Cooper & Nephews (Aust) Pty Ltd with F N Yarwood as Chairman of Directors and R H Harrowell as Manager. In 1925 the company merged with McDougall & Robertson which was later acquired by Burroughs Wellcome in 1959.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Memorandum and articles of association, photographs, plan, minutes, copy of an industrial agreement and unpublished typescripts of company history.

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 14 June 2016

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places