Union Pastoral Investments Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Union Pastoral Investments Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Union Pastoral Investments Proprietary Limited

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1950 – 1976

History

The company was incorporated in the United Kingdom and formed by the Australian Agricultural Company (AACo)and the Peel River Land & Mineral Company Ltd in March 1950 to acquire the whole issued share capital in Connor, Doherty & Durack Pty Ltd. This included the acquisition of Auvergne Station (Northern Territory); Newry Station (Northern Territory); Argyle Downs (Western Australia). After the control of the AACo was transferred to Australia in 1975, Union Pastoral Investments Ltd became a wholly owned subsidiary of the AACo and was registered as an Australian proprietary company in 1976.

Places

London; Western Australia; Northern Territory

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 7 March 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Australian Securities and Investments Commission, http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=001_390_343&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1 (accessed on 7 March 2012)
Australian Agricultural Company Annual Report 1949

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC