Selbys Scientific Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Selbys Scientific Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1974 - 1983

History

Selbys Scientific Limited was incorporated on 1 July 1974 to take over the trading activities of H B Selby and Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne and H B Selby and Company Pty Ltd, Sydney which, although subsidiaries of H B Selby Australia Ltd had been allowed to operate as distinct entities. In 1983 the Board of Selbys Scientific was disbanded and Selbys became a division of the Australian National Industries (ANI) Corporation in 1983.

Places

Notting Hill, Victoria with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart and Port Moresby (PNG)

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

machinery and equipment manufacturing; mineral, metal and chemical wholesaling; machinery and equipment wholesaling

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

Subsidiaries: H B Selby and Company Proprietary Limited, Melbourne, 1903 - 1983; H B Selby and Company Proprietary Limited, Sydney, 1912 - 1983.
Joint Managing Directors: Selby, Esmond John (1911 - 1998) and Selby, Benn Atherton (1914 - 2011)

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Prepared by Margaret Avard in February 2014

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Dr Samuel Furphy (2005): Selbys the Science People: A History of H B Selby Australia Limited

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC