McKillop and Sons Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

McKillop and Sons Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • McKillop and Sons

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1906 - 1982

History

The McKillop family operated as graziers and later horticulturalists at Buddah Station, Narromine NSW from 1863 to 1974. In 1906 the family partnership of McKillop & Sons was established and originally consisted of George McKillop and his sons Royden and Norman. Under the management of Royden McKillop, orange and apple orchards were established in 1911 and 1918 respectively. In 1955 McKillop & Sons was incorporated, with McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd owned by various shareholder companies which were in turn owned by members of the McKillop family. In late 1974, Buddah Station was sold to Amatil Ltd's pastoral subsidiary, the Naroo Pastoral Company Pty Ltd, and later to new companies operating as Glen Buddah Pty Ltd (in 1979) and Buddah Pty Ltd (in 1995). McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd was formally liquidated on 10 September 1982.

Places

Narromine, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

fruit and nut growing; sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 27 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin (November 1989)
Into the Golden West: The McKillops of Buddah 1782 to 1974

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC