Deposit 74 - Marcus Clark and Company deposit 1

Identity area

Reference code

AU NBAC 74

Title

Marcus Clark and Company deposit 1

Date(s)

  • 1883 - 1958 (Creation)

Level of description

Deposit

Extent and medium

6.6 m

Context area

Name of creator

(1883 - 1966)

Administrative history

The drapery and general merchandise business was founded by Henry Marcus Clark in 1883, and was incoporated as a company in New South Wales on 16 October 1902. A head office was built in Central Square, Sydney in 1906 and later sold when a new building was established on the Western side of Central Square in 1928. Other country branches were established in New South Wales. In 1926 the company took over the retail business of Craig Williamson Pty Ltd in Melbourne, and in 1927 the Adelaide business of Miller Anderson Ltd. On 1 December 1966 the company was taken over by Waltons Ltd.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Minutes, correspondence, financial and legal records, printed material, catalogues, photographs and book "Bound to Rise".

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Item list

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

NBAC M30

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description on 9 August 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places