Lake George Mines Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Lake George Mines Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Lake George Mines Limited

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1930 - 1962

History

The operations of Lake George Mines Pty Ltd were centred on a lead-zinc, copper and gold mine situated at Captain's Flat, located south east of Canberra. In the 1920s the British company, National Mining Corporation, examined the area and decided that the mine could be worked profitably again using modern extraction methods. Lake George Mines was incorporated as a limited liability company on 3 September 1930, becoming a proprietary company on 5 May 1943. The company conducted mining operations at Captain's Flat, New South Wales. In 1962 the company ceased operations and was placed in voluntary liquidation. In March 1962 the mine was closed following the exhaustion of further stopes and the increasingly unsafe condition of the mine. The London based holding company, Lake George Mining Corporation Limited, was placed into voluntary liquidation on March 31 1964.

Places

Captain's Flat, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

gold mining; metal ore mining

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 26 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes