Golden Cob Products Proprietary Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Golden Cob Products Proprietary Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Golden Cob Products Limited

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1895 - 1971

History

Golden Cob was founded in 1895 and operated in lower George Street, Sydney for the purposes of selling bulk grains and bird seeds. In 1933 David Richard Denne Jr purchased Golden Cob when the store was located at 12 Jarrett Street, Leichhardt. Denne registered his company as Golden Cob Products Limited on 29 September 1933. Denne's company carried on the business of birdseed and grain merchants specialising in produce for the feeding of cage birds, pigeons and fish. In 1937 the company name was changed to Golden Cob Products Pty Ltd, expanded its operations and moved to 213 Darling Street, Balmain in 1939. In 1971 Denne sold the business to a subsidiary of Kimpton, Minifie and McLennon.

Places

Sydney

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

agricultural wholesaling

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 18 May 2011; revised 2 March 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Janet Denne (1982), The Denne Family of Australia.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC