Fort Bourke Station

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Fort Bourke Station

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c. 1889 -

History

By 1889, Fort Bourke Station had been taken up by M P Fitzgerald & Co, whose members were Nicholas Fitzgerald, Edward Fitzgerald, Mathew O'Shanassy and Robert Prendergast. Nicholas Fitzgerald, who was a partner in Fort Bourke and other properties was a member of the Melbourne Board of Directors of Goldsbrough Mort and Company Ltd (1890 - 1896). In 1905 Samuel McCaughey bought it and then sold the station to Thomas Waddell in 1913. Fort Bourke Pastoral Company purchased the station in 1918. In 1922 the station was taken over by Arthur Bryant Triggs and in 1938 it was purchased by F S Falkiner & Sons Pty Ltd who later sold the property to K S Peken.

Places

Bourke, New South Wales

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 13 May 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC