Corona Station (Queensland)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Corona Station (Queensland)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1912 - 1979

History

Corona Station is situated north-west of Longreach, Queensland. The station was purchased by the Australian Agricultural Company in 1912. From 1917 to 1941 the manager was Thomas L Armstrong. In 1979 the leasehold areas of Corona were sold. The AA Co transferred operation of the Corona freehold land to its Maneroo station in March 1980.

Places

Longreach, Queensland

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 12 May 2011; revised on 5 March 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory
Australian Agricultural Company Annual Reports 1979 - 1980
P A Pemberton, Pure Merinos and Others: the “shipping lists” of The Australian Agricultural Company (Canberra: Australian National University, Archives of Business and Labour, 1986)

Maintenance notes