Clerk of Works Institute of Australia

Identity area

Type of entity

Professional association

Authorized form of name

Clerk of Works Institute of Australia

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1958 - 1984

History

The Clerk of Works Institute of Australia was formed in 1958 and incorporated in September 1959. The Institute was formed for professional support of Clerks of Works employed to supervise and inspect major building projects as the representative of the building owner, working directly to the architect. Members of the Institute were also representatives on advisory committees for Building Foreman and Clerk of Works courses at technical colleges. The institute had over 300 members in 1970 and chapters in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory. It was deregistered on 20 December 1984.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Representation for clerks.

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Roberts, Jack

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

Associated with

Dates of the relationship

1966

Description of relationship

President of CWIA

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 15 October 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC