Deposit N216 - Woodlands Pharmacy deposit

Identity area

Reference code

N216

Title

Woodlands Pharmacy deposit

Date(s)

  • 1916 - 1980 (Creation)

Level of description

Deposit

Extent and medium

7.5 m

Context area

Name of creator

(1913 -)

Administrative history

The pharmacy was established by E W Watts in 1913 'close to the School of Arts in Epping'. It was operated by Keith Radford Woodlands (1902-1972) from the early 1930s. It is located at 36 Langston Place, Epping, near the railway station.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

The prescription books are registers recording medications dispensed by the pharmacy on a daily basis. The details recorded include date dispensed, name and address of customer, and the pharmaceutical preparation or drugs dispensed. There are name indexes in the front of each volume. From 1952 to 1963 there is a second run of registers for medications dispensed under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Act.

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Researchers must sign an access agreement

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Dates of creation revision deletion

Entered from deposit description 8 February 2013.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places