Alroy Downs Station

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Alroy Downs Station

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c. 1913 -

History

The property of Alroy Downs Station was established in 1878 by W Lamb. It was subsequently bought in 1914 by J C H Schmidt of Goolburra, Queensland. Its first manager was F Story who commenced duties in 1914. From 1934 to 1936, Schmidt's son Rudolf managed the property. The station remained owned by the family company and was later run by Trevor Schmidt, who was also managing director of The Australian Agricultural Company from 1974 to 1988. It was bought in early 2004 by Peter Sherwin and later sold to Sterling Buntine in March 2008.

Places

Barkly Tableland, east of Tennant Creek, Northern Territory

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

sheep and cattle farming

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 27 Apr 2011

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

The Australian Pastoral Directory
Pastoral Properties of Australia by Peter Taylor
Letter by Peter J. Schmidt dated 31 October 1978 held at NBAC
"NT cattle station sold for $70m", The Land, 12 March 2008. Retrieved from http://theland.farmonline.com.au/ (accessed on 27 April 2011)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC