Advertiser Chapel

Identity area

Type of entity

Trade union

Authorized form of name

Advertiser Chapel

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Advertiser Linotype Chapel

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c. 1858 - c. 1968

History

The Advertiser Chapel reformed on 27 March 1863 and it is likely that it was first formed in 1858 when the South Australian Advertiser newspaper started publication. After the South Australian Typographical Society was established in 1874, members of the Chapel were required to be members of the Society, and of its successors the Printing Industry Employees' Union and the Printing and Kindred Industries Union, South Australian Branch.

Places

South Australia

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Representation for printers

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

South Australian Typographical Society (1874 - 1916)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

Associated with

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered from deposit description on 17 December 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Hagan, James. Printers and Politics: A History of the Australian Printing Unions 1850-1950 (Australian National University Press in association with the Printing and Kindred Industries Union, Canberra, 1966)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC